Friday, November 30, 2012

Scott's Obituary


Scott Douglas Newman

1971-2012


After a hard fought battle, Scott Douglas Newman died of Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency on 30 November 2012.  He was born in Logan, Utah, on 12 February 1971 to Douglas and Tamera Crozier Newman.

Scott married Janiece Coombs, daughter of Jim and Debra Christensen Coombs, on 14 June 1991 in the Logan LDS Temple. They made their home in Bothwell, Utah.  Scott was very proud of his children: Shaunie (Mark) Mackey, Shelby, Shaylie, and Mick. 

The birth of Shaunie and Mark’s baby daughter, McCall, brought Scott great joy the last three months of his life.  She was his little bed feller: McCall fascinated with the fan; Scott fascinated with his first grandchild.

All the things he didn’t get enough of in his youth, Scott encouraged his kids to do.  Mick showed his first show steer at such a young age, he had to peek under its belly to see the judge.  Last spring, Scott was bundled in a bus, so the whole family could ride together and cheer for Shelby and Bear River High School (his alma mater) at the state championship softball game.  This fall, he managed to watch Shaylie play volleyball at home games.

Scott started the Golden Elite Heifer Futurity Show in Box Elder County and served on county and state fair committees.

Scott reluctantly resigned his position as Customer Service Representative at Greenline Equipment, Tremonton, Utah, early this summer.  He was a big man who took great pleasure in big, green machines.   Thanks to Greenline and many friends who supported him and his family the past few years.

In addition to his immediate family, Scott is survived by three sisters: Carrie (Mike) Brown, Melissa (Eric) Hansen, and April (Cameron) Greener; in-laws: Jamie Hansen, Cody (Dawn) Coombs, and Chad (Wanda) Coombs; and a large, extended family that supported and loved him.  He was greeted on the other side by all his grandparents.

Viewings will be held at the Tremonton West Stake Center on Monday 3 December, from 6-8:00pm and Tuesday from 9:30-11:30am.  Funeral services 4 December, at 12:00pm at the Tremonton West Stake Center Chapel.  Burial at Valley View Cementery in Bothwell, Utah

1 comment:

  1. My First Christmas in Heaven

    I see the countless
    Christmas trees
    around the world below
    With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
    reflecting on the snow

    The sight is so spectacular,
    please wipe away the tear
    For I am spending Christmas with
    Jesus Christ this year.

    I hear the many Christmas songs
    that people hold so dear
    But the sounds of music can't compare
    with the Christmas choir up here.

    I have no words to tell you,
    the joy their voices bring,
    For it is beyond description,
    to hear the angels sing.

    I know how much you miss me,
    I see the pain inside your heart.
    But I am not so far away,
    We really aren't apart.

    So be happy for me, dear ones,
    You know I hold you dear.
    And be glad I'm spending Christmas
    with Jesus Christ this year.

    I sent you each a special gift,
    from my heavenly home above.
    I sent you each a memory
    of my undying love.

    After all, love is a gift more precious
    than pure gold.
    was always most important
    the stories Jesus told.

    Please love and keep each other,
    my Father said to do.
    I can't count the blessing or love
    has for each of you.

    So have a Merry Christmas and
    Wipe away that tear
    Remember, I am spending Christmas with
    Jesus Christ this year

    ReplyDelete